Saturday, January 24, 2009
It's happening....
.....I'm becoming my mother. I knew it was going to happen eventually, and now it is. My mom and I were in Vegas last weekend partying like crazy until 8pm every night. Well, one night I was sound asleep having a nice dream about showing Kimmie how to fix a lamp. I was very focused on the task when someone made a noise right behind me (my mom sniffed in the bed next to me). It scared me because I thought someone had snuck up behind me in my dream, and I yelled out in my sleep "OOOOH, dear!!!" I woke myself up with my own yelling, which is something my mom ALWAYS does and something I have NEVER done. I had also woken my mom up with my outburst and in a worried panic she asked me if I was alright. I mumbled some semi-mean response as though she were bothering me. I was annoyed and immediately grumpy because I had been woken up out of a deep sleep - I didn't care whose fault it was. But then I heard my outburst replayed in my head and I busted out laughing. My mom and I couldn't stop laughing for awhile after that. The most embarrassing part of the whole thing was that I had said "Oh, dear!" like only a grandmother would have said. I was really wishing at that moment that I had said something much cooler...like a cuss word....or at least some strong slang. Oh well....just call me Joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did I ever learn how to fix the lamp?
Don't feel too bad. I took Madison around the yard to show her the hibiscus.
I'm not sure, but I think it might be time to post again...I'm getting a little bored. Maybe you should post about your weekend in NYC so that I can vicariously live it through you. :)
Post a Comment